Terms and conditions
Ecole de Ski Internationale Tourmalet
Winter season opening dates: Grand Tourmalet STATION opening dates: From 02/12/2023 to 01/04/2024.
- Holiday dates :
- From 23/12/2023 to 06/01/2024
- From 10/02/2024 to 09/03/2024
- Weeks of Prix Givrés :
- December: weeks n° 49/50/51
- January: weeks n° 02/03/04
- February : weeks n° 05/06
- March : weeks n° 11/12/13
Lessons must be booked in advance.
Taking part: Participation in lessons requires a good level of health and fitness (for special cases please contact us), clothing and equipment designed for winter sports, respectful behaviour during lessons towards the instructor and other participants as well as compliance with instructions and advice.
Minimum number of participants: All group lessons, teen courses, All Mountain and Free Ride sessions, whether for children and adults, require a minimum of 4 participants per level.
Bonhomme de Neige group: This group is only for 3-year-olds, proof of age is required for all children under 4.
Participant levels: The homogeneity of the participants’ levels contributes to the smooth running of the lessons. Since the level cannot be checked in advance, the participant is responsible for signing up for the right group. Consequently, the Ecole de Ski Internationale du Tourmalet and its instructors reserve the right to transfer any participant with a level higher or lower than the overall group to another that better suits their level (should such a group be open and have free spaces). The participant will not be able to claim any refund or any compensation for this as it was their responsibility when booking.
Teachers: Our instructors are state-certified professionals in their specialities (or are preparing for their state qualification). The feasibility of any lesson is subject to the judgement of the instructor depending on the weather conditions, snow conditions and the skill levels of the participants.
Third party accidents: In the event of an accident caused by a third party involving one of the participants, the instructor and Ecole de Ski Internationale du Tourmalet are not obliged to ascertain the identity or contact details of the third party. As such, no responsibility falls to the instructor or the Ecole de Ski Internationale du Tourmalet.
Insurance / Ski passes: Our services do not include insurance. We strongly recommend that each customer take out cancelation insurance as well as specialised winter sport insurance, such as the one we propose « Allianz Travel » and check whether the following is covered: personal injury, rescue and transportation, non-participation in lessons, equipment hire/ theft and cancellation costs.
Each participant must have their ski pass at the start of the lesson, unless otherwise informed by us (sometimes in special cases of beginner level children).
Booking & Payments: Bookings can be made for specific dates and time-slots via our website
esi-tourmalet.com, by phone or at one of our offices.
– For online sales: Customers can choose products and modify their basket and information up until they have paid via the secure payment system. When the payment has gone through, customers will receive an automated payment confirmation and receipt. When the booking has been checked by a member of staff the ski school will send the full booking confirmation.
Right of withdrawal: In accordance with article L.221-18 of the Consumer Code, the consumer does not benefit from a right of withdrawal when booking online lessons to be taken on a specific date or over a specific period.
– For phone bookings: Bookings must be made with all the necessary customer information. It is followed by a payment in full by bank card, bank transfer. When the order has been fully processed the customer will receive their booking confirmation.
Right of withdrawal: In accordance with article L.221-18 of the Consumer Code, the consumer does not benefit from a right of withdrawal when booking over the phone lessons to be taken on a specific date or over a specific period.
– For bookings made at our offices: Bookings must be made with all the necessary customer information and are confirmed only when payment in full has been made by cash or bank card
Prices / Commercial agreement: Our prices are available on esi-tourmalet.com, and displayed in our offices. Our prices include the following: private or group teaching by our instructors and the medal for children and teenagers taking part in group lessons for a total of 3,5 or 6 consecutive half-days.
Any discount within the framework of our commercial agreement is only valid:
– With a valid voucher or promotional code.
– For purchases made at one of our sales offices, excluding online bookings made at esi-tourmalet.com.
Discounts cannot be combined and cannot be applied once the booking has been processed or payment has been made.
Discounts are applicable from the times our booking system opens (01/10/2023) for the 2023-2024 winter season and may be modified at any time by the Ecole de Ski Internationale du Tourmalet.
Cancellations or interruptions made by the customer / Refunds:
Cancellation of a booking before the beginning of lessons:
– If the customer has an insurance policy, they should refer to its specific conditions.
– If the participant can provide a valid medical certificate proving they cannot continue with the activity, the ski school will refund them while keeping a 10% cancellation fee.
All cancelations or changes concerning private or group lessons must be made within 15 days of the start date or customers forfeit all right to a refund., the Ecole de Ski Internationale du Tourmalet will keeping a 10% cancellation fee.
Cancellation of a booking after the lessons have begun:
If the participant does not show up for the beginning of lessons, no refunds will be given.
If a participant has an accident which inhibits them continuing lessons, they should refer to their insurance policy.
Cancellations or interruption by the Ecole de Ski Internationale du Tourmalet / Refunds:
The Ecole de Ski Internationale du Tourmalet reserves the right to cancel or stop the lessons, particularly in the event of unavoidable circumstances. Such circumstances include but are not limited to: the total closure of the ski slopes or ski lifts and weather conditions making access to the slopes dangerous.
In such an event the Ecole de Ski Internationale du Tourmalet will refund the total amount paid by the customer.
Cancellations due to COVID:
In the following circumstances customers will be entitled to a refund with a 10% cancellation fee of bookings made and paid for with the Ecole de Ski du Tourmalet at la Mongie :
– All governmental, prefectural, and administrative decisions relating to the Covid-19 safety regulations.
– If quarantine periods are mandatory for tourists coming into France from abroad.
– If the borders are closed.
Photos and videos: We use photos and videos taken during our lessons on our social networks. Please inform us beforehand in writing if you do not wish to be photographed or videoed or your consent will be taken as given by default.
Data protection: The Ecole de Ski Internationale du Tourmalet collects personal data * via its website and its sales staff for the purpose of responding to requests for information and bookings, keeping up-to-date client files and for good maintenance of its computer databases and schedules. Customers have the right to access, modify and delete their data (art.34 of the Data Protection Act) and to do so should make a request by email to the address below.
* Telephone data: according to article L. 223-2 of the consumer code, you have the right to subscribe to the list of opposition to canvassing.
Complaints / Legal Action: Complaints must be sent in writing with supporting documents to the Ecole de Ski Internationale du Tourmalet management at 10 boulevard du Pic du Midi – 65200 La Mongie as soon as possible. In the event of a complaint not being resolved, please contact our mediator: Sas Médiation Solution – 222 chemin de la Bergerie – 01800 Sant Jean de Niost – Tel. +33 (0) 4 82 53 93 06 – sasmediationsolution-conso
By booking customers acknowledge being informed of and accepting our terms and conditions.
Ecole de Ski Internationale du Tourmalet
Office : 10 boulevard du Pic du Midi – 65200 La Mongie
Post: 10 boulevard du Pic du Midi – 65200 La Mongie
Phone. +33 (0)6 36 23 98 01 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Siret: 381 364 157 00010 / RC 104 155 800 – MMA Azzuro Assurances 05000 Gap